International Motion Art Awards 5 American Illustration-American Photography (AI-AP), the leading juried annuals in North America, presents the fifth International Motion Art Awards (IMAA) which celebrate photographers, illustrators and designers who make their work move in all media. The IMAAs honor the artist's original and singular vision. In recognizing the author's "eye" and "hand" as paramount to the creative process, the IMAAs pay tribute to best motion art from the year and offer a unique opportunity to the winners and their collaborators for visibility, promotion and bragging rights within the industry. Why Enter?• When you enter, your work is seen by a jury made up exclusively of top creative professionals who assign and utilize motion projects. The jury views ALL projects submitted and may obtain contact info for the artists, whether they are selected or not. Jurors have been known to assign work to artists they have just seen during the judging.
• Win prizes from our partners. AbelCine will give a Sony PMW200 HD Pro-Level Camera and a Miller 1511 Carbon-Fiber Pro Tripod w/head to our Grand Prize winner. BorrowLenses will provide a $250 credit towards the winner’s next rental.
• Winning work will be showcased in a winner's reel at The AI-AP Party and at BIG TALK, the highly-anticipated annual book launch event and symposium, November 2-3, 2016 in New York City.
• On November 3rd the collection will be available for viewing on our site and a community winner will be chosen from our viewers votes in mid- December. The community winner will receive prizes fromBorrowLenses and Kitsplit.
•The winning projects will be presented in a searchable slide show announcement to our 50,000 subscribers in November 2016.• The selected projects will be displayed on The Archive, AI-AP's exclusive, searchable, juried image collection at ai-ap.com.• The winners will be further promoted in Motion Arts Pro, AI-AP's daily email newsletter sent to over 20,000 subscribers.
FREE PUBLICATIONSAll Entrants receive free subscriptions to our daily email newsletters with articles and features edited and written by David Schonauer, Peggy Roalf, Jeff Wignall and Robert Newman. You may unsubscribe from any individual newsletter at anytime and manage your subscriptions from your member account.
• Pro Photo Daily• DART: Design Arts Daily• Motion Arts Pro• Profiles • Dispatches From Latin America
• Street TestsEligibilitySubmissions are open worldwide to all photographers, illustrators, animators, fine artists, art directors, designers, agencies, animation and film studios, editors, producers, directors, educators and students.Submissions are broken down as follows:• Published/Broadcast - includes all commercially produced and/or broadcast projects.• Unpublished/Personal - includes self-assigned, personal projects. CategoriesSubmissions are accepted as:• Photography/Live Action• Illustration/Animation• Motion Graphics/Design Subcategories include:• Advertisement• Book (tablets)• Brand Identities• Documentaries and PSAs• Editorial (tablets)• Full Length Films - projects over 50 minutes in length• GIFs and Vines (do NOT convert to .mov file)• Installations• Logos• Music Videos• Personal Work• Short Films - under 50 minutes in length• Special Effects• Titles and Openers• Trailers• Typography• Video Games• Student Work – projects by full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate students. Eligibility DatesAll work created or broadcast within the 15-month period from January 1, 2105 through June 30, 2016. Entry Fees$25 - all self-initiated, unpublished, and personal work in any category.$75 - all commissioned and commercially produced and broadcast projects in any category.$10 - all work created by a full- or part-time undergrad and graduate students. Files For UploadOnly Quicktime movie files / GIFS / and Vine files are accepted. For movie files, save file as .mov, with H.264 compression, 1280x720, bit rate of 5000, up to 3 minutes in length preferred for any category and no more than 200MB. LONGER MOVIES UP TO 15 MINUTES ARE FINE, BUT EDIT IF POSSIBLE. Name your movie file Using any unique file name, but DO NOT use special characters or spaces. Upload times will vary depending on user's connection and server load. Be patient, a 200MB can take from 5 minutes to 45 minutes to upload. Click the HELP? button on the upload page if you have any problems. How to EnterTo get started, click ENTER NOW from the CFE home page.If you're already an AI-AP member, log in as a returning user with your email and password - or sign up and register for a new account.The site will guide you in 7 steps to enter your project(s). Have the following ready:• STEP 1: Your contact information for registration and notification as the entrant. • STEP 2: Artist's name for each project. Categories. Title and brief description. Publication or Execution Date. Categories include: Published or Unpublished. Then select either: LIve Action, Animation or Design. Then choose a Subcategory.• STEP 3: Upload movie file saved as .mov, with H.264 compression, 1280x720, bit rate of 5000, up to 3 minutes in length maximum. GIF and Vine files are OK without converting to .mov file. Use any unique file name, but DO NOT use special characters or spaces.• STEP 4: Confirm file upload and modify if needed. Add more entries or proceed to review and check out.• STEP 5: Review entry and invoice provided and add/modify if needed.• STEP 6: Check out and pay by credit card or check.• STEP 7: Your confirmation and receipt for your records. An email will also be sent to you. DeadlineFINAL DEADLINE: September 13th, 2016
The site will stay open ALL NIGHT, closing Wednesday the 14th at 10am EST.
Questions? Contact Us
Contact us with any questions or problems making your submission.
American Illustration – American Photography15 East 32nd Street, 7 FLNew York, NY 10016Office: 917-408-9944Cell: firstname.lastname@example.org
JuryAn independent jury will view all work submitted in every category and select the winning collection and the grand prize. See the jury here. IMAA Founding Committee
Luis Blanco, INTERspectacularMirko Ilic, Mirko Ilic Corp.Gail Mooney, Kelly/Mooney ProductionsJ. J. Sedelmaier, J.J. Sedelmaier Productions, Inc.Scott Thode, VII PhotoMichael Uman, INTERspectacular