- The American Photography Open 2021, celebrating the best pictures submitted by world-wide photo enthusiasts taken with any device, is closed for 2021. Thanks to all who entered. Stay tuned for announcements of our short list and finalists. For over 30 years American Photography has been holding a juried competition primarily for professional photographers. The AP37 Annual book, featuring the winners, and the launch event in New York in November continues in 2021. But with the proliferation of so much great photography taken by everyone we are entering our fourth year of offering a competition for photo enthusiasts at all levels. You can see some of the highlights and winners from 2020 here.
- New this year! Two more chances to win!
In addition to the Open prizes and our partner SanDisk’s” Share Your World”
is sponsoring the “World Through Your Lens” Landscape /Travel competition.
- To enter these new competitions, select the “Share Your World” or the “World Through Your Lens” categories and follow the instructions there. You can enter all three competitions as many times as you wish.
- Final Deadline for all entries is August 31, 2021 ENTER HERE
- All Open winners will receive prizes including selected products/ services from our partners. The Open Grand Prize winner will receive $5000, their choice of a Tamron SP 15-30mm F2.8 Di VC USD (for Canon or Nikon DSLR and mirrorless with mfg. adapter; $1299 value) -or- both Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD and Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 Di III RXD (for Sony e-mount; $1628 total value), a SanDisk 1 TB Extreme Pro Portable SSD, a PhotoShelter 2 year Pro account and a 2 hour business consultation with The Photo Closer .
- The Open finalists will receive a Tamron Prime Lens (choose from models F050, F051, F053 for Sony e-mount or F012 or F013 for DSLRs; value up to $599), a SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro SD card and a PhotoShelter 1 year standard account.
- The SanDisk “Share Your World” Grand Prize winner will receive a $2500 Cash Prize in return for letting SanDisk use the image in marketing with photographer attribution for 18 months. Also, a 1TB Extreme PRO Portable SSD and 3 128GB Extreme PRO SD Cards. 2 Runner Ups will receive 2 128GB Extreme PRO SD cards.
- The Tamron “World Through Your Lens” Landscape/ Travel winner will receive their choice of any Tamron lens (up to $1399 value). Open to USA residents only.
- The Open judges will include members of the Pro Photo Daily staff, Julia Sabot Creative Producer Nike, Sandra Stevenson Associate Director of Photography CNN, Christina Animashaun News Graphics Designer VOXMEDIA Network, Sarah Jacobs Photo Editor Blink Media and PhotoShelter contributor, Frank Meo The Photo Closer, Jimmy Colton Editor at Large Zuma Press, Karen Carpenter Independent consultant (formerly Time Inc) , Shani Pleasants Art Director, Designer and Illustrator, Peggy Roalf Editor DART, Clarice Bajkowski Creative Director, The 19th and Theresa Raffetto Photographer.
- The SanDisk “Share Your World” final judges will be Scott A. Woodward, Steve Simon and others to be named.
- The Tamron “World Through Your Lens” final judges will be Jose Mostajo and Kenna Klosterman
- As is previous years, an Open Short List of entries picked by our judges will be announced in September and a Community Gallery will be available for voting on the Pro Photo Daily Facebook page.
- In October the “Share Your World” winners selected by the SanDisk judges, the “World Through Your Lens” selected by the Tamron judges and the ten Open finalists (5 International and 5 from the U.S.) will be announced.
- The Open Grand Prize winner will be announced along with the Community Voting Award winners in November.
- The entire 2021 Open short list collection will be featured in a book that will be available to download for free or purchase as a hard copy. You can download the 2020 book here.
- For updates on the contest, photo news and creative inspiration. you can get our free newsletter Pro Photo Daily. If you don't already receive it SIGN UP HERE
- More information, Terms and Conditions and a FAQ can be found (HERE)
- More to come and best of luck to everyone.
- American Photography Open 2021.