Presenting the American Photography Open 2018. A new competition to celebrate the best pictures submitted by photo enthusiasts, taken with any device.
- For over 30 years American Photography has been holding a juried competition for pro photographers. Now with the proliferation of so much great photography taken by everyone we are introducing a new competition for photo enthusiasts at all levels.
- Our judges will include members of the Pro Photo Daily staff, Julia Sabot from Blink, Alison Zavos Editor of Feature Shoot, Reuel Golden Editor at Taschen, Marc Asnin from Boulevard Artists, Jonathan Thorpe a Tamron Image Master and they, along with the community who register, will award prizes for the best images submitted in 2018.
- Special Entry Discounts until 7/1/18. Final Deadline August 24, 2018 ENTER HERE
- A Short List will be announced in September and a Community Voting Gallery will be available for voting.
- In October ten finalists will be announced who will receive prizes including selected products/ services from our partners, an exhibit of their prints and recognition at our awards event at Photo Plus in New York City and a chance to participate in a Photo Walk conducted by one of the Tamron Image Masters during the show. SEE MORE PRIZE INFO HERE
- The Grand Prize of $5000, a Tamron 24-70 G2 lens (value $1200) plus additional prizes from our partners, will be announced along with the Community Voting Award winner at an event at Photo Plus on Thursday Oct. 25th. 2018.
- The entire 2018 short list collection will be featured in a book that will be available to download for free or purchase as a hard copy.
- If you don't already receive Pro Photo Daily SIGN UP HERE for updates on the contest, photo news and creative inspiration.
- More information, Terms and Conditions and an FAQ can be found here