The American Photography Open 2018, a new competition to celebrate the best pictures submitted by photo enthusiasts taken with any device, is now closed.
- Thanks to everyone for your participation and/or interest in our first American Photography Open. For over 30 years American Photography has been holding a juried competition for pro photographers. Now with the proliferation of so much great photography taken by everyone we have introduced a new competition for photo enthusiasts at all levels.
- For this year our judges included members of the Pro Photo Daily staff, Julia Sabot from Blink, Alison Zavos Editor of Feature Shoot, Reuel Golden Editor at Taschen, Marc Asnin from Boulevard Artists, Jonathan Thorpe a Tamron Image Master and they, along with the community, awarded prizes for the best images submitted in 2018. See the jury here.
- A Short List was announced in September and a Community Voting Gallery was set up for voting here. Congratulations to everyone who made our short list this year. The entire 2018 short list collection is featured in a book that is available to download for free HERE or you can purchase a hard copy by emailing us at email@example.com.
- In October ten finalists were announced who received prizes including selected products/services from our partners, an exhibit of a portfolio of their prints and recognition at our awards event at Photo Plus in New York City and a chance to participate in a Photo Walk conducted by one of the Tamron Image Masters during the show. See a video of the finalists’ images here. See more prizes info here.
- The Grand Prize winner of $5000, a Tamron 24-70 G2 lens (value $1200) plus additional prizes from our partners, was announced along with the Community Voting Award winner at an event at Photo Plus on Friday Oct. 26th. 2018. See photos from the show and events here. Special congratulations to our Grand Prize winner Zay Yar Lin. See a Profile of him here.
- If you don't already receive Pro Photo Daily SIGN UP HERE for updates on the contest, photo news and creative inspiration.
- For more information, Terms and Conditions and an FAQ can be found here.
- Once again a heartfelt thank you to our sponsors.
Look for the call for entries for the American Photography Open 2019 in March.